We are all playing the same game just on different levels, fighting in the same hell just different devils! Follow my family through life's many adventures!

bloglovin'

Follow on Bloglovin

Thursday 30 January 2014

Becoming a Mommy!

 The love and emotions you are about to feel for this little baby are not explainable. The love that you already had for your partner changes completely when you see them hold someone that you grew and cared for so much. You can slowly watch the love and bond that you have built and felt over 9 months enter their world and it is beyond amazing to see and watch.

 




 So what it is like being a mom. I just want to say that no matter how prepared you think you are or how many books you read the day you hold that little baby in your arms it ALL changes!

Becoming a mom has had it's good times and it's bad times. Ive learned who my friends are and who aren't. Ive gone off pretty much no sleep for days, and I've spent nights sitting up crying not knowing what to do for my baby. But every day I do it all over again because the feeling of falling in love all over again every time I look at Anya is totally worth it!!
The first week we were home we spent everyday driving to the dr so that Anya could be checked for Jaundice. For those of you who are not sure what that is, it is yellowing of the skin caused by to much bilirubin in her system. It can be very harmful and we were close to needing to go for photo therapy at the hospital but thankfully we never had to! She's a little trooper that's for sure! We also had her new born pictures done the first week she was home! Courtesy of little jay photography in Airdrie Alberta.




I wish the pictures truly showed you how little she was! The first month went by so fast! I was tired most of it and caved to the one thing I always said id NEVER do, co-sleeping! But the cuddles I got from her in the morning were amazing and well sleeping till 11 was definitely a bonus LoL. Aside from sleeping Anya didn't do much I had to wake her during the day and she never stayed awake for long. But even when she was sleeping I think I could stare at her all day!

"Her smile beams like sunshine which fills our hearts with love." Unknown  

During her second month Anya learnt how to smile, make noises and hold her head up!!! We also did our first long road trip with her in November for my moms birthday. If there was one thing I learned from that it's to NEVER drive 8 hours with a newborn! I was also pumping at the time to feed Anya so John had to stop halfway through the drive and everyone needed to get out so I could pump. It was great to sit in a vehicle feeling like a cow while everyone else had to wait outside in the cold for me lol. We also had family pictures done while we were in BC. Photos done by Hearts Entwined photography in Summerland BC. November was a really busy month but id have the say the best part of November was probably Anya starting to sleep through the night! :) She would get up at 5am to eat but that was it so id get a good 6-7 hours of straight sleep! :)


The time we had spent with Anya so far was everything I had hoped for and more! :) I couldn't believe how much love I could have for someone and watching the way John was with her made me fall in love with him even more. No matter how tired or how long my day was when john came home and I could spend time with him and our baby girl nothing else mattered!! :)


I definitely think that Christmas deserves its own post!! :)

0 comments :

Post a Comment

© A Darker side of things! , AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena